Sunday, April 19, 2015

ASCO Batch of 2015



Goodbyes are always sad but this one was much more than that. I'll miss the Batch of 2015 and reasons are endless. To start with: 

There would be no jumping and shouting around in the corridor of 4th floor by one and only Angad Singh. He is the most straight forward person I have ever met. And he knows everything about sports! (Vidhanshu knows that too and is good at analysis but then he has been in sports journalism long enough to know all that) He is also the most misunderstood student but then people who may matter to you know you well.

No one would say 'Hey ma'am' or 'What's up' and all other cool stuff in the corridor every time you see him. That's Shantam. He is passionate about dancing, that's how I know him being the dance mentor. And he was with his shades on last evening, though there was almost no sunlight he was like: it’s so sunny!
That reminds me of our Action Jackson, the dancing star Sunny. I knew him before I taught him, obviously because of dance and he never wished me ‘Good Morning ma’am’ and was always ‘hello ma’am, kaise ho?’ But, then he is one of the best dancers ASCO had.

These were few of the people I knew before I taught class of 2015. 

And when I started teaching, I was mesmerized by a Chandigarh girl, yes you all guessed it right Saba Sodhi. The title bestowed on her yesterday was so apt (The Walking Enclypoedia). She is one super cool girl who can talk about everything and anything under the Sun. Everyone who knows you, knows that you are gonna make us all proud. And remember our talk on Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, it was real fun.

Next in the list is my favorite student, yea I'm announcing it, Sounak Majumder. First time I took attendance in class and mispronounced his name, he was like ma'am...it's shhh ou nak. :P . I always thought I'm good with names. He is the rock star of ASCO. He attends all classes, plays football, mails well-written assignments (pun intended), sings well, directs romantic college flicks, actually an all rounder and is omnipresent. Be it class, seminars, guest lectures, sangathan, AYF, Radio amity, ASCO reel, and yes he was the first BJ&MC student to walk in E-2 Audi yesterday. You can discuss politics, sports, global issues and even equity deals with him.

Then, there's Jaspreet, our very own JaSS. :P No offences. She was the CR of the class but never in class. Though she knew all answers if questioned and her class mates don't even let you express your shock! Before I expressed my astonishment at her correct answer, someone said "Yeh toh topper hai" I was like okay fine, take it easy man! Then I saw her performing for Aaghaz and I knew she is one great actor. I could also generalize here students who are good, are good at everything! (Yes, I plan to write on that too)

Now, it's time I start talking about Section C, whose promotions were done by the mentor Pritha Chakraborty. (Tagline: It's the best class) 

Whom should I start with?

Let’s begin with the CRs of the class.
I know Pawandeep from one of my invigilation duties; he wrote and wrote and wrote. I would not talk about his writing skills which are well known since he started working with India Today. But I should talk about his editing skills. He is ascetically great and can give amazing background score. (In the Mist) I would miss our discussions on gadgets, music, movies, sitcoms, books, food I mean chicken, mutton and of course coffee!

Vishal Darse saved me from slipping on the staircase last summer and I was more than thankful to him. Then on he never missed to greet me with a smile. When I started teaching 3C, he was the one with loads of doubts but for change his doubts were real and logical ones, just in case you don’t know the kinds of questions students ask only to waste time of the class or to irritate their faculty! But it was amazing, discussing the ethical standards of Indian media with Mr. Darcy... I mean Mr. Darse.  And I was pleasantly surprised at the knowledge he had. Though he always saw me praising Sounak, he was still clam and composed about it.  Vishal is one of the coolest guys in ASCO without doubt with a nice accent and the obvious swag. I will cherish our discussion sessions and I’m sure Pritha is also going to miss you guys.

And now, it’s going to be about two sweetest students of the class. Kritika and Anubhuti. They are both extremely attentive in class and intelligent. Ready with right answers, not just right answers but good answers (let me define a good answer: correct answer which is supported with correct examples). I doubt I would get any good answers in class anymore. They were also good at playing handball and I hope they ODs for it, since certificates are pending. Anyway, they are too cute to be forgotten. Yesterday, both of you looked beautiful. And I was so touched looking at all of you together as one happy family of friends. God bless!

How shall I miss to write about Miss Super Duper Cool? She has her own rules and she lives life to the fullest. She plays football in corridor and uses her cell phone in class but knows her stuff too. That’s what makes her the coolest one. She is Phalak Anjum.

BJ&MC 3C was one of a kind class without doubt. I have not interacted much with lot of students but I noticed how hard working Salina and Shailvi are, how adorable Salina looks, how naughty Maaz can be, how innocent Ashima is, how talkative and passionate Sumesh is, how intelligent Riya Kapoor is, how silly Sahil can be, how creative Aayushi is, how stylish Karnika is, how busy Abhay is, how pink Herman (Yea, he actually spells is with ‘E’) is? I may be missing a lot of people but you all are special in your own unique way.
Let me take this opportunity to tell you that you have been the best batch. Wish you all the best for future. I hope and pray all of you achieve great success in both professional and personal. J

Your Proud Professor


3 comments:

  1. WOW !!! aankehin hi bhar aayi . . . :P
    thanks a lot mam . . . and i'll miss you so much . . . and you almost forgot " AVVVVE " . . .
    and you were the best teacher despite the fact we didnt have much classes . . . :P
    and i'll always remember you as catching me during the examination thinking i was cheating when i was trying to do some "samaj sewa" . . .
    and i am not good with writing but i would say you are " AWESOME" !!!
    thanks a lot for everything and it was sunny the other day . . . :P
    THANK YOU . . . :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh god. How could I forget AVVVVE. my bad!
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. While reading this I just had only thing on my mind that how I badly I am gonna miss you ma'am and also that we are just left with one more year with you! You are the cutest teacher and no wonder you are very good with names! You remember all your student's and every bit of their nature and capabilities. Proud to be your student ma'am!
    P.s I love your voice and not to forget your smile ��..

    ReplyDelete