Friday, August 16, 2013

A girl in a metro!

When I came to Delhi after marriage, it seemed as if it’s the coolest place to live! But after eight months have gone by I’m back to my earlier opinion that Chandigarh is the coolest place to live. Many of my friends have been asking to write about my previous employer and my experience with them, some have been asking to write on life in Delhi. Today, since I have got some spare time, as the students have not reported for classes because of rains and a sandwich working day, I’m about to write on the Metros in Delhi.
My first journey on metro was from Chatarpur station to Rajiv chowk. I was to meet my husband at CP. No assumptions please! I was not working so was bored at home, though DLF promenade and Ambience was at walking distance from our place but it’s no fun without him :P
I’m skipping the ugly details of how I entered!
Once the metro doors closed behind me, I could see all sorts of people! The first sort consisted of ‘Gazers’, their eyes followed me. I can’t guess it was the chura I was wearing which made them think I just got married and the rest vulgar thoughts or they were just wanting my seat or simply checking my Vero moda blazer! I ignored a few and stared back at some.
The second kind is of ‘Chatterboxes’, they kept on talking about something or the other. Someone had a terrible fight with her boyfriend so she was narrating the whole story to a friend. Someone else was complaining about juice cartons not delivered yet. I plugged in my ear phone and heard to “Rise up”
The third type is of ‘Gourmandizers’, they were the ones who looked around and then with a sweep popped chips or grapes or unfinished lunch. I hated the smell of that half finished lunch and tried looking for something from my own bag! And I found a chocolate; a girl sitting exact opposite to me took out momos out of her bag and started to much. Believe me silk was not at all smooth or silky!
The fourth category is of ‘Liars’, they lied all the way. A man in tie lied on phone that he has reached Central secretariat while we were crossing Jor Bagh and when we were at Central Secretariat, he lied he has reached Rajiv Chowk! A college student lied too in a similar fashion.
The fifth variety is of ‘Bookies’, they entered by pushing people aside and rush for a seat as soon as they enter metro without looking that it’s a for old and physically challenged. Interestingly a guy seemingly gay rushed inside and got a seat, before he could relax himself rather even remove his satchel and elderly woman came and started to shout at him to get up and show some respect to his elders. It was scene! He changed the compartment within few seconds of getting up.
Before I could notice any more people Rajiv Chowk came and before I could look at any faces I saw Vivek pulling me out of the crowd.

    

7 comments:

  1. i think i fall in the fourth category>> :P :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha!
      Nvrmind... all of us fall in that category some time or the other.

      Delete
  2. Mam,It is first time i read your blog...found quite interesting...specially that the title of the POST.... :)
    but..u skipped the ugly part :) :) that how u entered...think that it was quite interesting too... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... that part was horrible Ratnesh trust me on this! I would never try and recall it. :P

      Delete
    2. No problem Mam, It's fine.....if you don't want to recall it again :P :)

      Delete
  3. A small journey bt its interesting & I cant understand y ppl r gazing at a girl...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The post would have been here if I knew the reason. maybe because I was a newly wed so they were trying to look for something which I may never understand.

      Delete