Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Barfi 2012- Review


I had been planning to watch this movie on the very day of its release (14.09.2012) but somehow could not and watched the next day…then I wanted to write about it on the very night I had seen it but anyhow I could not…
It’s such a pleasing movie to watch with  lovely story line, delightful scenes, radiant atmosphere, good looking cast, captivating plot and amazing performances. I got so engrossed in the story line and it had such an influence on me that I have been thinking about the character barfi and jhilmil ever since the day I saw the movie, it’s been more than ten days and the hangover is still there. I keep humming the title track all day long!
I had been listening to the songs long before I saw the movie and knew it would have lot tragedy in it, ala barfi song says a lot about his childhood and his loss. But I had never imagined that the movie will have a happy ending, laughter in almost every second scene and magic in every shot.
Viewers had a lot to learn from the title character of the movie. His attitude towards life even though he is not as gifted as so many of us are, is the first lesson. His happy go lucky nature is part of the lesson. His make believe tricks another lesson for guys on how to allure girls and also how to choose the right person for life.  
B-a-r-f-i teaches to differentiate between love and attraction/infatuation. He is attracted at once to elegant looks of Shruti and still continues his friendship with him after she fails in his dosti test. I almost got angry at her when stepped away from him and hated her in rest of the movie. But when Barfi falls in love, he never get to know he falling for it, it just happens so smoothly and sweetly. Jhilmil’s love for Barfi is so pure and innocent… oh my my! The way it is portrayed by Anurag Basu is awesome, hats off. She runs after the bus, follows him everywhere, tries a saree, dresses up, tries to attract his attention, and gets upset at his indifference, runs away when she feels ignored L  
I have written and rewritten the best scene, before I finish off; it feels like another scene was little better so here’s the best scene list:
  1. Barfi proposes Bengali Bombshell.
  2. Barfi offers friendship from over the top of the clock tower
  3. Jhilmil and Barfi first meeting
  4. Barfi’s papa likes Bengali beauty for his son
  5. Barfi dances in a high class party 
  6. Barfi vents his anger
  7. Barfi tries making Jhilmil smile when she is terrified (Fireflies)
  8. Jhilmil runs after the bus for him
  9. Barfi and Jhilmil are chased
  10. Jhilmil passes the dosti test
  11. Barfi meets the Bengali Bahu again
  12. Barfi brings her home and makes her meet Jhilmil ina new dress
  13. Jhilmil tries a saree
  14. Jhilmil calls out for Barfi out of the window
  15. Barfi passes a kiss to Bengali oldie
  16. Jhilmil sleeps with Barfi before they die


The most wonderful thing I learnt from the movie is that ‘Love will never require words.’     


9 comments:

  1. luvd it <3
    ->evry1 is talking so much abt ranbir and his heroics n underrating priyanka :/ she was kinda unsung hero
    ->n its really hard 2 make a list of gr8 scenes
    ->n yes, ur conclusion :) love is a feeling, nt a document, ppl tend 2 4get dat

    ReplyDelete
  2. it isn't love if it needs words for the sake of being expressed..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a nice movie

    http://www.beingtraveler.com

    ReplyDelete